Thursday, June 23, 2011

Michigan Camp Meeting

I officially love Michigan. I came here for the Michigan camp meeting to set up a booth for ADRA in the exhibit tent and have been here for several hours a day.

There has been so much to do that I am really glad I came for the whole 10-day camp meeting. In the evening I have gone to hang out in the teen tent and I have really been blessed. I have just generally enjoyed hanging out with them, but I have also been blessed by the evening messages and the way I see the young people responding to them.

My Tio Ric also just moved here, so I have gotten to spend time with his family in the mornings and help them get settled a little. He is managing an enormous greenhouse project that we just call “the farm” and I finally got to go over there and see it.

I have been at camp meeting all week and I guess this is the most time I have ever spent at any camp meeting. I came here to hold a booth, but have gotten involved in all kinds of other things and have met some really wonderful people. I have gotten to talk to some of our donors and people who want to get involved as well as just share how God is blessing, and listen to people’s stories.

The week was too full. I could easily have kept busy with just the booth, or just the teens, or just the farm, but it has been wonderful to have the opportunity to be here at all.

So yes, I love Michigan, I love camp meeting, I love the teens I have gotten to know this week, I love my little cousin Isabelle, I love the way I have gotten to see God working here, I love the way it has impacted my life.



No comments: