Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger at Heart


I wish I was a blogger. I wish I shared my life regularly and openly. But the truth is, I'm a terrible blogger. Not because I don't have things to say, oh, I have plenty to say. All the time I find myself thinking in the form of a blog post. Thinking of things I want to share, or moments I want to remember, yet I never post anything...or even write it down that often either. Somehow, even things that mean a lot to me, don't find room in my life. The good news is, that something can be done about that. 

Since work takes up most of my time, I have to be very intentional with the few remaining moments in my day. I am constantly reminded how important it is to love what you do. To do something you're passionate about—something that has purpose. This makes long days worthwhile, if not a bit easier. I've been taking a hard look at how I spend my time lately. What things do I love? What things do I make time for? What things don't I make time for that I love?

I love to run, I love to read, I love to cook, I love to create, I love order, I love to explore, I love to capture moments, I love to learn, I love to do things that will have a lasting impact, I love my family, I love to entertain, I love to travel, I love to come home...  

I am thankful for so many things, but right now I am thankful for the way God is constantly working in my life. Never leaving me where I am, ever drawing me. So, here’s to not staying where I’m at. 

1 comment:

Ric said...

My heart finds kinship with yours. How much I wish to blog and yet, there is only so much time each day. Thank you for reminding me that the things I love are most important and that I am really pursuing many of them. I guess I'm blessed to love quite a few things! I'd rather have too many interests than too few.
God is good, and He keeps me on my toes too.