Saturday, July 04, 2009

rain, rain, go away?

Wow, I haven't posted anything in over 2 years and I almost forgot I had this blog. I have been wanting to start blogging again and happily rediscovered it. A lot has happened in my life in the last couple years, but I won't cover all of that.
I have been home for about 6 weeks now and it has been raining almost all of that time. At first I was distressed by all of the rain because I wanted a sunny Maine summer, but I decided that I really love rain. I was outside yesterday and it was pouring rain. The air smelled earthy and fresh and the cheerful banter of large drops pelted me all over. I was surrounded by green and growing and living things. I had to smile. This is the life.
The best thing about my life? In a word? God. I have come to love and understand God in a whole new way recently. God is so good! I am learning and growing and incredibly blessed. So I don't care if it rains the entire summer. I am happier than I have ever been and rain or shine, my heart is overflowing.

No comments: