Wednesday, July 29, 2009

sunflowers

Yesterday was the perfect summer day. It was a "Luke day" and his mom had told me about an organ concert at the big church on the corner. I didn't know if he would like it or if he could make it through the whole thing, but I thought we could try. He was great and was not only quiet the whole time, but actually seemed to enjoy it. We then walked down the street and I got a scoop of Maine Tracks ice cream which I paid for in pennies because I can. Tacky I know, but who cares? It's kind of fun to be random sometimes. Then we walked over to the park and perused the farmer's market. I spied some beautiful sunflowers (which I just love) and had to buy them because they were just too happy to leave there. We sat in the park for a bit: Luke cooing and I reading a book I'd brought and then I gave him a flower which he happily waved about and tried to eat. He is growing so fast. Now he can roll over! And he is using his hands a lot more. It was a beautiful day. Warm breezy and happy.

No comments: